Thursday, November 19, 2009

Never enough time

A weekend is just too short to take care of 25 acres. There is always a list of jobs to do that only gets partially completed. Last weekend I completed another short section of fencing. And reshaped the garden bed around an orange tree. Slashed a bit and watered the trees that aren't on drip lines several times.
Next trip I need to put in some heavy ironbark posts to hang driveway gates off of. Two sets actually.

I just thought I'd point out the correct way to run the wire in this picture. Not through the holes in the picket but tied to the picket this way. The ends of the tie wire angling in with the vanes of the picket to avoid injury to animals.
All end posts need stays as the combined pull of 3 wires would have them bending in without them. Even more so with 4 or 5 barb runs.
Check the stay into the post to stop movement
And provide a solid base in the ground to stop movement.
Some time ago I planted nasturtiums around all the fruit trees and thought the seeds had failed but I have been pleased to see them popping up around them now. Hopefully they help in reducing pests. I pulled a big green caterpillar off this washington navel. Probably accounted for the leaf damage.
Well after all that work how about some time for me? lol
I'm off to Hervey bay this weekend to do some work for an old fishing buddie and hopefully wet a line too.

No comments:

Post a Comment