Monday, November 30, 2009

Need some rain

While Brisbane had some storms over the weekend it barely spat a drop at Pierce creek. The tanks are ok but even the weeds are wilting. Some of my fruit trees looked desperate for a water after a fortnight between visits. It was just so hot I took it easy only putting a ceiling fan up when I got there. Made it a bit more comfortable. I thought it would be better to use a household ceiling fan through the inverter than those small 12 v fans for cars/trucks. It draws between 2.5 and 3.5 amps depending on the speed you use. Sure worked well.
I found some gate posts already cut left behind by the previous owners. They're 8 foot long and 10 inch diameter. Someone in the toowoomba chronicle was advertising ironbark posts that size for 28 to 37 dollars each. I need 4. Not a lot of money saved but still a saving.
Hopefully there's a southerly next weekend to make the job of digging them in a bit more comfortable.
I found this beautiful compilation of action shots of cattledogs in a slideshow to some good music on Youtube if it interests anybody else. Here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCyv3MeoYHI&feature=response_watch

No comments:

Post a Comment